Friday, September 28, 2007

Harmful Effects of Smoking During Pregnancy






I don't care if my child has asthma. I don't care if my child develops slower than other children. I don't care if my child is under weight. What kind of Mother says this about her children....a woman who smokes when pregnant. Yes, that is right. Babies are born underweight when a Mother smokes. Babies have a tendency to have more respiratory problems than those who have Mom's who don't smoke. Those who smoke, well, there is a higher percentage of SIDS deaths among babies who have Mothers that smoke.

Carbon Monoxide attaches to the hemoglobin in the blood 200 times more than does Oxygen. So instead of sending oxygen enriched blood to your baby, you are sending poison through your blood, through the umbilical cord, to your little baby. Yes, there is carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke.





There are other toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke including the following:
nicotine, tar formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, fungicides and pesticides, cadmium, benzene, etc...

This is a very small and partial list of the poisons and carcinogens (cancer causing) that you are passing through your blood stream to your baby who doesn't have the choice not to smoke.

When I see a car with the windows up and people smoking and their are children inside, I have wanted to call and report the child abuse.

Love your child. Love the unborn baby inside you more than you love the very addicting cigarettes. Give your child a chance to live, to love, and to breathe. I do not exaggerate on the consequences of smoking.

Be a good, kind, and loving Mother. Please...for the love and protection of your baby....quit.

No comments:

We recommend: